Thursday 6 July 2017

4. Young Vinnies - Church Dome Visit

 Recently Mrs Marsh took 4 of our Young Vinnies who clean inside the church a visit to the dome on top of the church.  I was lucky enough to accompany them to the top of the church and took these photos for them.  I asked the girls what they thought of the dome visit and here is their response.  A big thank you to Jocelyn Marsh for organising this visit.

It was an amazing experience going up on top of the church.  I felt so nervous and excited when we climbed up the steep stairs.  When I was up there, I felt like I was on top of Mount Everest!  When I reached the top of the church it was beautiful and had a very nice view.  It felt magical up there and you could see the school.  It was so fun and a very amazing experience.

It was amazing!  I never knew I  was scared of heights!!   It was very high up and you would think it was only two stories high but no it was double that!!  You had to go to the side of the church and go up stairs.  We went into all these different rooms.  I never knew there was so many rooms.  When we went to go up to the dome, we had to go on narrow steps.  When you got to the top, it was worth it!  The view was amazing.  I would do it again.

This adventure was so fun!  I never thought that you had to climb so many stairs and tunnels just to get to the top of the church.  The view from the top was beautiful.  This will be something for me to remember.

It was awesome! I never expected there to be so many stairs or rooms.  Each room was like we were going back in time.  The stairs were so steep.  The best bit though was when we were right up the top.  I felt like I was on top of the world looking down on the altar which was super cool.  I had butterflies in my stomach.  We had to crawl backwards to go down the stairs.









No comments:

Post a Comment