Saturday 8th July - Elenoa Asi, Kristiana Whiston, Madison Jones and Michael Woodhouse
Sunday 9th July - Hana Davies (and students from St Kevin's)
Saturday 15th July - Bronson Bartlett, Molly Whittaker, Anika Winders and Nye Jones-Hogan
Sunday 16th July - Daniel & Jonathan Jorgensen, Morgan Baillie and Seth Bartley
Saturday 22nd July - Sebastian & Paddy Spillane, Sam Asi and Max Fatafehi
Sunday 23rd July - Jada-Rose Keno (and students from St Kevin's)
Birthday Greetings to
Marie-Ann Alegre, Bronson Bartlett, Emily Chen, Eva Fatafehi, Carlin Huang, Cooper Jones, Bella Moriarty, Jacob Robinson, Molly Whittaker and Anika Winders
Assembly - Friday 7th July
Please note that assembly is at 11.00 am tomorrow and not 2.30 pm as it usually is.
Don't forget mufti day tomorrow for Caritas. Please bring a gold coin donation.
Giant Leaps Speech & Drama
Are currently taking enrolments for term 3. Classes are held at St Joseph's school. Contact 0800 4 SPEECH or www.giantleaps.co.nz
There is a huge collection of jackets, tops and other clothing in the Lost Property bin situated in the sick bay. Please come and see if your child's clothing is there.
We warmly welcome Milah Anderson who started school this week to our new entrants class.
Wednesday Wheels Day
An initiative by some of our Yr 8 boys wanting a place where they can scooter, roller blade or skateboard in a safe environment came to fruition yesterday when the School Council approved a Wednesday Wheels Day each week. In the breaks and at lunch time, the basketball court is sealed off for students from Yrs 5 to 8 so they can go on their wheels without any distractions.
Our Young Vinnies have been out and about in the community and today they were helping stack firewood for one of the parishioners as part of their service. Some of our Young Vinnies also help clean inside the church and were rewarded with a visit up to the top of the dome of the church recently. Further photos and their comments are later in the blog.
- North Otago Rock & Mineral Club - Gemstone, Jewellery & Craft Fair - held on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th July at the Scottish Hall, Tyne St, Oamaru from 10.00 to 4.00 pm.
- St Patrick's Scout Group - an invitation to come and see what happens when we have a group camp for keas, cubs and scouts. This will be held at the Fleet Street den on July 13-14 in the school holidays. We would love to see you and maybe you will join our group. Please contact Beryl on 027 294 9812.
- Vanished World Open Week - Monday 17th to Sunday 23rd July - free entry to the centre for Waitaki District residents, State Highway 83, Duntroon. Great activities for children. Open from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm. Holiday fun for all the family.
- Tekapo Springs Winter Holidays Escape - Ritchies Buses are taking people to Tekapo for $36 per person which includes travel to and from Oamaru and basic pool entry at Tekapo Springs. Departs Tuesday 11th & 18th July and Thursday 13th & 20th July. Contact Ritchies on 434 7964
- The Great Galleon Giveaway - spend $20 these school holidays and get yourself into the draw. Two draws each week of the school holidays with one girls and boys pack to be won each week.
- Kids Karaoke - Sunday July 9th and 16th from 12.00 pm to 3.00 pm at the Galleon Family Complex.
- On Farm Safety - Your Safety, Your Plan - safe farms do not happen by accident. Your school will receive 5% of any sales made from this advert. 0508 663 276 or www.onfarmsafety.co.nz